Adapted from: https://yupitsvegan.com/beet-fried-rice/
For the beets and aromatics:
- 1 and ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 340 g beets peeled and finely diced (2 medium-sized beets)
- 1 inch ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
For the stir-fry:
- 1 crown broccoli cut into florets (or other green veggie like asparagus)
- 1 bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 onion (any colour) sliced
- ½ small head purple cabbage chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup diced pineapple
For the sauce mixture:
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, wide pan over medium-high heat. Add the diced beets and stir well. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until beets are starting to soften. Add the ginger, garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and black pepper, and stir. Immediately add the Thai red curry paste. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-3 more minutes or until fragrant.
- Next add your vegetables to the pan and stir well; continue to cook while stirring frequently until the vegetables have turned bright in colour and are crisp-tender. Add the cooked rice and diced pineapple and stir to combine. Finally, add the sauce to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until hot throughout.
- Served warm, garnished with chopped scallions, toasted cashews, and other accompaniments as desired.