Sautéed Mushrooms & Onions
- 1 onion, minced
- 225 g (8 oz.) White, cremini, or other mushrooms, sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Worcestershire sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb (340 g) ground pork
- 3/4 lb (340 g) ground beef
- 4 burger buns (or try these for a gluten-free option)
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- 4 small lettuce leaves or other greens
- 8 slices of pickle
- optional: slices of onion, cheese (try BioBurger for a fun change!), sprouts, sliced tomato, relish, ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, etc.
- In a large skillet, brown the onion and mushrooms in the butter. Deglaze the pan with the Worcestershire & soy sauce and continue cooking for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Preheat the barbecue on high power. Oil the grid.
- In a bowl, combine the meats. Season with salt and pepper. Shape 8 large, very thin patties. (Be careful not to over-mix as the burgers can become tough).
- Grill the patties for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Toast the buns, if desired.
- Dress buns with sauces, as desired. Add one burger patty to each bottom bun. Top each patty with the mushroom-onion mixture. Add a second patty, and top with other ingredients, as desired.
- Enjoy (with napkins!)