- 3 lbs new potatoes
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons butter (or Earth Balance for vegan)
- 1 small onion (or ½ large onion), chopped
- 8 oz fresh or frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon each, fresh dill and green onion (thinly sliced – can sub 1 tsp. dried dill)
- Clean/scrub the potatoes and place in a pot, fill to the top with well-salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are cooked through and tender in the center, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter/Earth Balance and add the chopped onion. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes, just until the onion is translucent and tender.
- Add the peas, cooking in the skillet for 1-2 minutes, just until the peas heat through.
- Add the dill and green onions, along with the cooked and drained potatoes. Mix gently to combine. Serve immediately.