Recipe by: Aline
For the Salad:
- cooked quinoa
- chopped fresh veggies (cucumber, tomato, red onion, bell peppers)
- fresh greens (kale, arugula, spinach, lettuce, etc.)
- feta cheese, cubed or crumbled (or vegan feta)
- olives (optional)
- chicken souvlaki (sub for chickpeas for a vegetarian version)
For the Dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the chicken souvlaki. They can either be grilled on the skewers, or fried in a pan (cast iron works great!) over medium heat until golden and crisp on the outside, and cooked through. Set aside.
- Create a base of cooked quinoa (hot or cold, depending on your personal preference) in your bowl. Top with veggies, greens, and other toppings, and drizzle with dressing overtop. Enjoy!
- If saving some for leftovers, leave bowls unassembled and store ingredients separately. Otherwise your greens may get soggy.