- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 1 small shallot, chopped (can sub with onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce (or your favourite lettuce/greens)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- feta cheese, fresh herbs, mixed olives, croutons and diced avocado, for serving
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 juice of 2 lemons (about 1/3 cup lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, paprika, oregano, shallots, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, crushed red pepper flakes, and a large pinch of salt. Marinate for a minimum of 15 minutes or up to overnight in the fridge.
- Make the salad. Combine all ingredients (except croutons, if using) in a large salad bowl, gently tossing to combine.
- To make the vinaigrette. Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or bowl and shake (or whisk) until completely smooth. (Can also be made in a small blender or food processor). Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook, stirring once or twice, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-10 minutes.
- To the salad, add the chicken, croutons (optional), and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Gently toss to combine. Once the salad has been tossed, serve immediately.