- 3 ½ cups peeled and julienned kohlrabi (roughly 2 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, plus 1 teaspoon finely grated zest (from 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced Fresno chile (or other hot pepper, optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups julienned sweet, crisp apple
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped (optional; can add more mint or some parsley instead, if desired)
1. Soak kohlrabi in a bowl of ice water until crisp, 10 minutes. Drain well.
2. Whisk together lime juice and zest, chile (or other hot pepper), and oil. Season with salt. Toss with kohlrabi, apple, and herbs. Season with more salt, if desired; serve.
For a quick julienne, slice apple and peeled kohlrabi into thin rounds, then stack rounds and cut crosswise into matchsticks.