Adapted from: https://thecompletesavorist.com/korean-beef-lettuce-wraps#wprm-recipe-container-9385
- 1 head lettuce (Bibb, Boston, and butter are great choices)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or Beyond Beef for a vegan option)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar / maple (or less to decrease sweetness)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame oil; divided in half
- 3 cloves garlic; minced/grated
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional and to taste)
- 1 bunch green onions; divided between white and green parts
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl or mason jar, combine the brown sugar/maple, soy sauce/tamari, ½ tbsp sesame oil, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, brown the ground beef in the remaining ½ tbsp sesame oil.
- Add the white part of the green onions to the beef and continue cooking until the beef is done; drain any rendered fat.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and allow it to reduce down; about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve in lettuce leaves (or over rice).
- Sprinkle remaining green onions over each portion and garnish with sesame seeds if using.