- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 rainbow trout fillet, skin on (optional: cut fillet into smaller pieces)
- garlic powder
- fresh lemon
- Generously season the rainbow trout fillet with the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the fillet to the pan skin side down and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until skin is crisp. Flip the fish and let it cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily in the thickest part of the fillet.
- Remove the fish from the pan and squeeze lemon juice into the hot pan to deglaze (watch for steam – you could also use white wine to deglaze here, if desired). Stir, scraping the bottom until just slightly thickened. Use a spatula to scrape the sauce out of the pan and over the fish. Serve.
- It’s quite easy to make a one-pan dinner with these pan fried rainbow trout fillets. Just sautée some vegetables such as onions, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, or mushrooms in a pan with some garlic and fresh or dried herbs before adding the fish. Serve with some steamed rice or roasted potatoes for a simple summer meal.