Sausage and Peppers
- 1 package Farmer’s Sausage
- 2 bell peppers, cut into slices
- half of an onion, cut into slices
- mixed dried herbs or Montreal Steak Spice
- olive oil, lemon juice, and salt
- 4 hot dog or sausage buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1-2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or parsley (optional, or sub for fresh herbs)
- salt and lemon juice to taste
- In small bowl, whisk together all aioli ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place sausages on a lined or greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping once, until cooked through and crisp on the outside.
- While sausages are cooking, toss peppers and onions with a drizzle of olive oil and seasonings of your choosing.
- Preheat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the veggies and saute until crisp-tender. Drizzle with lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper at the end of the cooking time. (If you’d rather, you can also cook the veggies on the baking sheet with the sausages – just make sure to keep an eye on them as they will brown quickly).
- Once the sausages and peppers are cooked, lightly toast the buns in the toaster or preheated oven.
- Serve each sausage on a toasted bun with a scoop of veggies and a drizzle of your aioli. If desired, dress them up even more with additional toppings like mustard, sauerkraut, pickles, or greens.