Adapted from: https://www.acouplecooks.com/roasted-tomato-almond-dip-with-grilled-bread/
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds
- 15-ounce can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 baguette or artisan loaf (OR sub your favourite chip or cracker)
- additional olive oil
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the roasted almonds, fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, and salt. Process until the nuts are finely ground.
- Scrape down the bowl. With the processor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until a thick texture forms. (Store any leftovers refrigerated for 1 week.)
- Optional – For the grilled bread: Slice the baguette into slices. Brush olive oil onto each side of the bread. In a grill pan or on a grill, toast each bread slice over medium high heat until browned, a few minutes per side.