Adapted from: http://www.hungrywanderlust.com/sauteed-kale-carrot-greens/
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 bunch of carrot greens (tops of 2-3 carrots)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter (or Earth Balance or oil for vegan)
- 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tsp salt (more or less, to taste)
- cracked black pepper
- juice of 1/2 a lemon (optional)
- parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast, for vegan), to taste
- Rinse kale and carrot greens well.
- Thinly slice the garlic. Coarsely chop the kale and carrot greens. Set aside any big stems from the kale for use in a different recipe.
- Heat the butter/Earth Balance in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic briefly until softened, but be careful not to let it burn. Add the chopped kale, a few handfuls at a time, stirring until kale is wilted. Add the carrot greens.
- Season with herbes de Provence, salt and black pepper.
- Cook until greens are wilted and tender, about 2-3 minutes. Squeeze lemon over the top and remove from heat
- Grate fresh Parmesan (or sprinkle nutritional yeast) over top and serve hot.
- You can turn this into a main dish by sautéing some shrimp or other protein and stirring it into the greens before serving.