Adapted from: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/sheet-pan-chicken-shawarma/#bo-recipe
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces if large
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups baby arugula (or other greens)
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes + 2 tablespoons oil from the jar
- 4 ounces cubed feta cheese
- 2 cups plain hummus, homemade or store-bought
- optional: naan, cucumbers, and fresh dill, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, garlic, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, the juice of 1 lemon, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat the chicken. Add the sweet potatoes and drizzle with olive oil, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Arrange everything in an even layer. Add the juiced lemon halves. Transfer to the oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the arugula, sun-dried tomatoes + 2 tablespoons oil from the jar, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- To serve, spread the hummus into bowls and top with the chicken, arugula, cucumbers, feta, and fresh dill. Serve with naan. Enjoy!