- 3 graffiti, confetti, or Japanese eggplants
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. fresh rosemary (or 3 tsp. dried)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast for vegan)
- Heat grill to medium.
- Cut tip from eggplants and halve lengthwise. With a sharp knife, make cross hatch marks by scoring one way then the opposite way on the cut side of each eggplant.
- In a small food processor, or by hand, mix oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper until an oily paste forms.
- Spread this paste on the cut side of the eggplants and grill cut side down for 5 minutes. Gently turn and cook for two to five minutes on the skin side until they are cooked through but not mushy soft.
- Top with grated cheese or nutritional yeast and serve immediately.