- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz oyster or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 3 cups mushroom stock or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter (or Earth Balance)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 1 minute. Add thyme, salt, and mushrooms and sauté about 8 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned. Add sherry and cook until liquid evaporates. Stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil and cook until gravy is reduced to about 2 cups (about 14 minutes).
- Whisk together flour and water in a small bowl. Add mixture to skillet; return to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter 1 tablespoon at a time and pepper.