- Garlic scapes, rinsed, remove long flower buds at the top
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat, parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- Cut the garlic scapes in half once and arrange on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and massage evenly onto the scapes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the tips turn golden brown and crisp. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- These are also lovely grilled on the BBQ!
- Garlic scapes are a wonderful snack too, especially paired with quality cheese and a glass of wine
- Garlic scapes will keep for a while in the fridge, uncooked. If you find you have too many scapes, you can also chop and freeze them for use later, or pickle them!