Adapted from: https://lifeloveandgoodfood.com/best-grilled-salmon/
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup soy sauce / tamari
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large trout fillet, cut into portions
- Place all marinade ingredients into a gallon size zip lock bag and seal. Squeeze gently to combine ingredients, then add the trout. Seal and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours to allow flavours to penetrate the fish.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. For each piece of trout, take a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil and fold into a “dish” with sides. Place a piece of fish into each dish, skin side down. Add a little of the marinade on top and place the entire dish on the grill.
- Grill for 15-18 minutes with the lid closed. Flip the fish onto the grill to sear the top, about 1-2 minutes. Carefully lift off the grill and serve (note: you can also carefully scrape off the skin if you prefer not to eat it – it should lift off fairly easily).